Please do not purchase the "outside of quarantine" varieties if you live within one of the following counties in the State of Idaho:
Ada, Bingham, Blaine, Boise, Bonneville, Canyon, Cassia, Elmore, Gem, Gooding, Jefferson, Jerome, Lincoln, Madison, Minidoka, Owyhee, Payette, Power, Twin Falls, Washington. Malheur County in Oregon.
The ISDA has a garlic quarantine zone and these varieties are illegal to plant within these counties. We check all orders to confirm that only quarantined garlic is sold within the quarantine, and we will refund your purchase as needed.
Can't decide which seed garlic to choose from?! Enjoy this 1 lb sampler of seed garlic from Field Goods Farm, Winniford Family Farm, Affinity Farm and Swift River Farm.
This collection includes:
- Bulgarian Beauty [Softneck] - 1/4 lb
- Carpathian [Hardneck] - 1/4 lb (outside of quarantine)
- Kingsland [Softneck] - 1/4 lb (outside of quarantine)
- Nootka Rose [Softneck] - 1/4 lb (outside of quarantine).
Hardnecks - Plant in USDA Zones 3-8
- Hardneck varieties are the best choice for gardeners in Northern climates. They are much more cold hardy and can handle extreme winter temps.
Softnecks - Plant in USDA Zones 5-10
- Softneck varieties are the better choice for gardeners in warmer climates. They will produce larger bulbs and can be stored for many months.
Storage instructions: Make sure to keep your garlic in this brown bag in a cool, dark, dry place until you are ready to plant it. 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal storage temperature. Air must be able to circulate freely around the bag. Do not store garlic in the refrigerator.